Another blog about quinoa!
It’s my latest obsession. Since I’m not a giant eat-meater I have to be able to get protein somewhere. Since work and life can get so busy, I tend to need quick easy recipes that I can eat throughout the week. This has, several times, ended up as my meal, so if you want to add more vegetables, it can definitely be considered for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Quinoa, Rinsed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Half a Medium/Large Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Sliced Cheese (I used Boar’s Head Sharp Cheddar from the Publix Deli)
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to boil. Add the quinoa, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the quinoa cooks, sauté the onion in the oil until the onion becomes tender. Stir the cooked quinoa and add the peas and pepper.
- Move the mixture into a small casserole dish.
- Place cheese on top of the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted to your liking. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and enjoy!