My new favorite muffin
light, moist and delicious – you’d never know you were eating your fruit and veggies while completely satisfying my chocolate cravings!
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1.5 cups grated zucchini (water pressed out)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.75 cups AP flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grate the zucchini (It took me 2 smallish zucchinis to make 1.5 cups) and then press the water out of it using paper towels. You do not want it wet – it will make the muffins soggy.
- Blend together the wet ingredients – zucchini, banana, applesauce, butter, egg & vanilla and make sure the bananas are well mashed and integrated.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and blend well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and toasted walnuts.
- Scope mixture into well buttered muffin tins – I made 6 large muffins, it will also make 12 regular sized muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (for 6 large) 20-25 minutes (for 12 regular)
Cool and Enjoy!