Dog Biscuits are so easy to make, and so much cheaper to bake your own, then store bought treats.
We call them people crackers in my house since I always use a little gingerbread man cookie cutter for the cookies, ubt no matter what shape you cut them out in, I’m sure your pup will adore them.
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup grated carrot
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a stand mixer, beat together the wet ingredients: peanut butter, egg, water, carrot and honey.
2. Once the wet ingredients are fully blended, mix in the rolled oats. Then the whole wheat flour, and lastly the AP flour. If the dough appears too mushy, add a little more AP flour to the mix.
3. Flour a surface and roll out your dough a piece at a time. Dough should be rolled out the 1/4-1/3 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the treats.
4. Use a fork to poke a few holes in each treat before baking.
5. Bake dog biscuits for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until desired crispness.
The dog biscuits last about a week stored in an airtight container. My lab will eat a whole batch over about a week.
You can download the Dog Biscuit Labels for free – Just print on Avery Mailing Labels for Laser Printers, 2 x 4 Inches, 10-Up, White, Box of 1000 (05163), and stick! Just remember to mark the date you made the biscuits on. I’m sure your pup will appreciate it!
Thank you for featuring me!